Registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office
The purpose of this notice is to explain how we collect, process and retain personal data in the course of providing notarial services
Further information may be requested from The Data controller:
We collect information and data: –
• directly from you at the point of your initial enquiry or instructions
• directly from the documents that you provide to us for notarisation or from third parties with a relevant and legitimate interest in the transaction
• as a result of any additional due diligence enquiries necessary to complete the notarisation process
We will only process personal data in accordance with the 8 principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), for the following purposes:
• responding to your queries, requests and other communications;
• providing notarial services, including the translation and legalisation of documents
• enabling suppliers and service providers to carry out certain functions on our behalf in the provision of notarial services including, but not limited to, webhosting, data storage, identity verification, technical, logistical and courier services
• in the resolution of any complaints
• Your personal data may need to be shared with third parties if: –
• further processing is required, additional processing may include
• where documents need to be legalised at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office or at the Embassy or Consulate of the foreign jurisdiction where the document is to have effect
• we have a statutory duty to disclose it for legal and regulatory reasons.
Where personal data is shared with third parties, we ensure that such third parties comply with all current data protection legislation. Where such third parties are located outside of the UK, for example your personal data is be transferred to foreign Embassies located in the UK or abroad, such organisations will process personal data in accordance with the laws to which they are subject and international treaties over which we have no control.
Basic data regarding you, the client, and the nature of the notarial transaction is kept in perpetuity as required by our Regulator, the Law Society of Scotland. Further details of the nature of data retained is provided to clients when instructing the firm to act.
We have in place a range of physical and electronic security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Note that from time to time data is transferred across the Internet and we do not always have control over the processes involved
Your data is processed in accordance with Principle six of the GDPR; that personal data is processed in accordance with the individuals’ rights.
• We do not use personal data for direct marketing
• No decisions are made by automated means
More information may be found at
You can visit this web site without giving us any information about yourself. The software logs and cookies we use monitor the use of this MyNotary website for general statistical purposes only and none of the information we gather in this way can be used to identify any individual who visits the site.
This website uses Google Analytics; Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) may be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information or any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
This Privacy Notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites as we have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.